What is aflatoxin? Aflatoxin is a see also of mycotoxin that a primary carcinogen. Maybe you don't know how toxic the Class A carcinogen is. The toxicity of aflatoxin B1 is 68 times that of arsenic and 10 times that of potassium cyanide. Aflatoxin, which caused hundreds of thousands of animals to die suddenly, is a highly toxic substance and extremely destructive to liver tissue. It is also the strongest biological carcinogenic we know, and even 1 mg is the carcinogenic dose. In 1993 it was classified as a Class A carcinogen by the Institute for Cancer Research of the World Health Organization (WHO). As a result, aflatoxins have been repeatedly mentioned by the public. A lot of food is actually can produce aflatoxin if stored improperly, and more attention should be paid to it in the diet.
Peanut is a high-protein food. Moderate absorption can not only prevent heart disease but also lose weight. Peanuts have high-fat content and processed into peanut oil as one of the main edible oils. Peanuts are prone to mildew during impertinent storage, and mildewed peanuts contain abundant aflatoxin to become aflatoxin peanuts. Some people like to buy peanut oil produced and processed in small workshops. It is difficult to guarantee the quality of peanuts, because it is impossible to pick out the aflatoxin-producing peanuts by the outer surface of the shell. Generally, the press of a small workshop, or a household oil press, has a simple process. It does not remove harmful substances, and cannot refine the raw materials. Therefore, if the raw material is moldy, and the pressed oil may also bring aflatoxin.
Potatoes are foods that we often buy, but sometimes we buy too much and not eat up timely. If they are not properly preserved, they will sprout easily. After germination, the potatoes will produce a toxic substance like aflatoxin. If you accidentally eat it, it will cause serious food poisoning. And the longer time the germination is, the more the toxicity is.
If the fruit is rotten, just throw it away and don't continue to eat the rest of it. The reason why it rots is there are many microorganisms in the environment we live in. Even if we cut off the decaying part, it still contains much mold. As a result, it is better for you to throw it away. When the fruit is improperly stored or stored for too long, it is extremely easy to become moldy foods.
Most families choose dry fungus and then soak it. However, many people forget the time of soaking when they are soaking the fungus and soaked fungus for a long time. When it is eaten, the fungus appears to go bad, and it is accompanied by a different smell contrasted with the edible one. The fungus itself has no toxin. After a long period time of soaking, it may deteriorate and produce biotoxins, or breed pathogenic microorganisms such as bacteria and fungi.
We use the cutting board every day, but some of them will be a crack in the middle. If it is not washed thoroughly after use, there will be residual bacteria inside. If there is mold in the chopping board, it will produce some carcinogenic substances, especially Aspergillus flavus. After people absorb Aspergillus flavus from the cutting board, it will be stored in the liver cells. And people will get liver cancer if take the carcinogenic substances for a long time.
Chopsticks do not grow aflatoxin, but when you use chopsticks to eat corn, peanuts and other foods with high starch content, it is easy to store starch in chopsticks. It will cause mildew under long-term usage. Wood chopsticks and lacquered chopsticks can easily crack and store food residue, which can produce aflatoxin. The best choice is iron chopsticks, it is difficult to grow aflatoxin.
Nuts are rich in nutrients and are loved by everyone. However, if stored improperly or placed for too long, it is prone to deterioration and contaminated by aflatoxin, such as pistachio, cashew nuts, medlar, lotus seeds, butternut pecan, etc. The improper store can lead to mold and deteriorate easily. Moldy nut tastes bitter, which is a smell of oil oxidation. If you get such nuts or other foods when you eat, spit them out in time and dispose of them quickly to avoid damage to your health.